Movie night is a fun way to spend time with your kids, relatives, or friends. What you need for this activity are snacks, drinks, and of course movies! The best part is that you really don’t have to spend much money on both.
You can make your own snacks by buying things like popcorn, chips, nachos, etc. which are all readily available in the grocery stores. You can also buy some fruit cups or popsicles for dessert especially if you’re having kids over.
What about drinks? You can either provide fruit juices for the kiddies or soda pop which are also available at supermarkets. And if you’re having alcohol then you would want to buy beer or wine too. Some other drinks like lemonade and iced tea are also great options for this activity.
Movies can be rented or bought at video stores that still exist; however, you can also go to the internet and download one that your kids want to watch. There are many options out there you can choose from, such as :
1. The Lion King: A lion cub is born and it is soon discovered he has different powers than any other lion, and thus the lion begins to grow into his own power as he grows up.
2. Finding Nemo: An entertaining story about a clownfish named Marlin who sets out on a rescue mission to bring his son Nemo back after he gets captured by a fisherman and taken to Sydney Harbor.
3. The Hunger Games: Katniss Everdeen volunteers for her sister’s place in the Games which lands her thrown into an arena where she must fight for survival against other children from 12 districts of Panem who have been chosen for this live televised event of the Capitol’s design.
4. Mean Girls: Cady Heron is a 16-year-old homeschooled girl who moves to the U.S. for the start of her junior year. She struggles with making new friends in this new environment so she adds some help from Janis and Damian in order to try and become popular at school, but she soon finds out what it takes to be truly popular.
5. Wizard of Oz: A young girl named Dorothy Gale and her dog Toto follow a cyclone into the fantasy world of Oz where she finds out that she was really sent to this place in order for her to kill the Wicked Witch who had stolen the shoes from the sister she had left on Earth with Uncle Henry.
6. Clueless: Cher Horowitz is a pretty, popular student at Beverly Hills High School who spends her days thinking about boys and shopping with her two best friends. When a new girl named Tai moves to town, Cher decides to take the young girl under her wing in order to teach Tai everything she needs to know in order to be popular.
7. Grease: During the summer after graduating from high school, a couple of teens expressed their love for each other at a carnival only to have the bad boy of the school, Danny Zuko, take her away from him and ruin his chances of ever being with her. In order to win back what they once shared he agrees to help her get to where she needs to be in order for them to be back together again.
8. Star Wars: A farm boy named Luke Skywalker gets caught up in the middle of a galactic war after he helps an old man, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and his droid leave the planet before the Empire’s Stormtroopers could capture them and use them as bait for Luke Skywalker.
9. The Princess Bride: A young boy named William Goldman tells his sick grandfather a story about love, adventure, revenge, and giants in order to get him to fall asleep. But the twist is the novel’s events actually happened to real people…and they are looking for their happy ending once again.
10. Spider-Man: Peter Parker is bitten by a genetically engineered spider that gives him amazing powers one day at Oscorp Industries. He then finds himself caught up in the middle of a war between his new heroic figure Spider-Man and the new villain Electro who will stop at nothing to destroy everything the young hero holds dear.
Now that you have all you need, the last thing you should do is just sit back and relax. Make sure to pay attention to the movies and maybe do an occasional discussion about the movie to create a bond. Enjoy!